forum moderating

Report any problems you have having with this website here. Anonymous posting is allowed.
druban

Re: forum moderating

Postby druban » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Maestral wrote:I`m pretty close to turn this whole thing into some sort of comic or animation. There is so many colorful characters, plots and turns - so I thought, it might also contribute to improve the whole thing? ,)

The movie Valkyrie just needs to have some of its dialog switched out for the content of recent posts from ISforum and we have a winner.
Maestral, don't you feel this is deja vu all over again. Just in case: the frivolity in this post is entirely fictional and any resemblance to actual humor is coincidental
Your mind is what you think it is.

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:45 am

:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

Lazur URH

Postby Lazur URH » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:59 pm

Lazur URH wrote:
  • first posts approval
  • one click ban
  • more moderators

Just as solstice came.
First post approval and more advanced banning options are up.

Thank you for that microUgly.

microUgly
Site Admin

Postby microUgly » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:21 pm

First post approval and more advanced banning options are up.

No worries. Note the "Ban Hammer this user" link when you view a users profile. With this you can ban the user and delete all their posts in one step.

Lazur URH

Postby Lazur URH » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:23 pm

All is there except the username. Or is that inside the "profile field" category?

Technically speaking once the "ban hammer" option is confirmed it redirects to the user's profile with the option of banning it again.
Sort of like if the database didn't update.

druban

Postby druban » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:38 am

Incredibly awesome to see you back Microugly! I hope we have been keeping the forum spic and span!
Your mind is what you think it is.

microUgly
Site Admin

Postby microUgly » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:41 am

Technically speaking once the "ban hammer" option is confirmed it redirects to the user's profile with the option of banning it again.

I will take note the next time I ban someone, but I looked at the profile for a user you banned the the "Ban hammer this user" link is replaced with "This user is banned" text - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36006

Incredibly awesome to see you back Microugly! I hope we have been keeping the forum spic and span!

Yeah, I apologise for my neglect. I know you guys have been working very hard to keep the forum useful in my absence. Thanks for that.

hulf2012

Postby hulf2012 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:48 am

Wow

A red witch resurrected you

and now what?
If you have problems:
1.- Post a sample (or samples) of your file please.
2.- Please check here:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/index.html
3.- If you manage to solve your problem, please post here your solution.

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:10 am

You mean, now what - when you already went towards the yellow bricks road? Well.... that IS a serious matter to discuss ,)
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

hulf2012

Postby hulf2012 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:54 am

Hello

mmm... For one side I want to speak clear (and I'd wish all could). On the other side I want to be polite.

I use only this forum for asking, helping, comment or critic of the Inkscape project, and only as another user person. I don't use the mailing list because I'm not comfortable with the presentation and layout. I don't use Inkscape Community because,... laziness.

I don't participate so much in the forum because:
- SPAM
- time
- Some request for help are best taken for other users. Kudos to them
- Some requests honestly doesn't interest me. They can be solved just reading the Guide or a youtube tutorial, or googling, in my opinion.

I don't participate as moderator, ... because no good reason.My perception is It's an ugly job which have to be done. But I might change my mind.

And now what??
I'd wish there could be changes,
Brainstorm:
- like plugins for sharing SVG directly, without dropbox hacks. I don't know if there are codepen plug-ins, or JS Fiddle plug-ins or any other kind of plug-in. Perhaps more interaction with other social networks, facebook, twitter, pinterest... perhaps a way to find, request or show jobs...

- Or perhaps, I don't know, the majority of users are happy with the forum as It is now, and nothing more have to be added or improved. :)

Greetings
If you have problems:
1.- Post a sample (or samples) of your file please.
2.- Please check here:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/index.html
3.- If you manage to solve your problem, please post here your solution.

Lazur URH

Postby Lazur URH » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:35 am

For those moderating -either with this profile or not-, see some technical recommendations here.

hulf2012 wrote:and now what?

Depends on how good job the red witch have done.

Edit: quite good, it seems.

Lazur URH

Postby Lazur URH » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:01 am

Lazur URH wrote:Edit: quite good, it seems.

Time to change the signature.

Return to “Registration issues and website problems”