If you could choose 1 thing that must be implemented or fixed in Inkscape 1.0, what would it be?

General discussions about Inkscape.
Moini

Re: If you could choose 1 thing that must be implemented or fixed in Inkscape 1.0, what would it be?

Postby Moini » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:59 pm

It's a standard that each file has a licence header.

The libraries are not included in Inkscape's source (at least the vast majority). They are their own projects.

Some files in Inkscape's source code have a different licence and in some cases, this is problematic. It's also a thing that Max has been working on (contacting people).

Currently, Inkscape consists of 4174 files.

For me, this topic is closed now - I saw it as a way to engage forum people a bit into Inkscape development and to get the attention of the devs for some of the most pressing issues. There's going to be a video later, so I guess my posts here will not remain the only relevant source for knowing about what happened at the hackfest for very long anymore - but you can collect the posts where you would like :)
Something doesn't work? - Keeping an eye on the status bar can save you a lot of time!

Inkscape FAQ - Learning Resources - Website with tutorials (German and English)

brynn

Re: If you could choose 1 thing that must be implemented or fixed in Inkscape 1.0, what would it be?

Postby brynn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Oh I must have misunderstood the title then. I didn't realize it was targetted for the hackfest.

If we want the topic closed, we might have to either lock it, or change the title. (Although changing the title only changes the title of the first message and new messages posted after the change. There will be 3 pages of messages where the title will still read as it is now. So changing the title might not be very effective in discouraging new messages.) It seems like the kind of title that will attract new members to add their 2 cents, up until 1.0 is released.

Thanks for the info on licensing! And thanks again for all the reports. I found it very interesting!

Moini

Postby Moini » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:22 am

Report about the hackfest is online:
https://inkscape.org/en/news/2018/09/20 ... -happened/
Please share :)
Something doesn't work? - Keeping an eye on the status bar can save you a lot of time!

tylerdurden

Postby tylerdurden » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:49 am

Congrats and many thanks, Moini!

Looks like the hackfest was fun, productive and inspiring. =)
Have a nice day.

I'm using Inkscape 0.92.2 (5c3e80d, 2017-08-06), 64 bit win8.1

The Inkscape manual has lots of helpful info! http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/

Lazur

Postby Lazur » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Moini wrote:Please share :)

Done, done and done.

Moini

Postby Moini » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:06 am

Thanks, Lazur!!!

Ponny

Postby Ponny » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Just one thing?
Well, then.....
Then, a grid scaling.
When I change the zoom factor - to higher, I often get very huge distances betwen grid lines. Realy too big distances.

And 2/1 of course, If is possible, to fix all bugs added in versions 0.92.x
Did you see the indigo Pony, when he came from other side wall of the night?

Return to “General Discussions”