[Bug] Can't open inkscape files without critical error

This is NOT a support forum. You are welcome to discuss software issues here, but all issues should be reported on Launchpad if you want them fixed.
bscotchshenani

[Bug] Can't open inkscape files without critical error

Postby bscotchshenani » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:01 am

Heyo!

I upgraded to 92.1 last week and got my workspace all setup, migrated my preferences and bindings, etc. Things were working fine, though now I'm getting an odd error that I can't find a reference for anywhere else:

When I open an svg file from within file explorer (I'm on Windows 10), Inkscape fails to open and displays a "Inkscape encountered an internal error and will close now." dialogue.

Interestingly, if I select the exact same file by using my Recent Files list within the inkscape file menu, it opens. I can also safely open it by using the Open... option within inkscape itself.

If inkscape is already up and running on a blank document, and I then try to open the svg file from the explorer, it still does the "Inkscape encountered an internal error and will close now." dialogue, and crashes.

This happens with a file of any size. I made a test file that is just 3 circles. I can open it via my recent files list and the Open... dialogue within inkscape, but not by just double clicking it in the explorer or on the desktop.

Real weird. Any clues?

Return to “Discuss Software Issues”