anabelen's questions about OCL

Post questions on how to use or achieve an effect in Inkscape.

anabelen's questions about OCL

Postby anabelen » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi! I want to know how can I find the opcion "import from openclipart gallery" in my file menú... It supposse that it has to be there, but I have the new version and it doesn´t appear...

I have allready put in "inkscape preferences" import from "openclipart.org" but it doesn´t work.

Can somebody help me?? :)

Thanks,

Ana Belén
anabelen

Re: anabelen's questions about OCL

Postby ragstian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi.

Obviously you have looked at the File - Import Clipart menu - which version (Help - About) of Inkscape are you using?
What operating system?

This works nicely on Inkscape 0.48+devel r12292;

See bottom of this page; http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/File-Import.html

For Your Info (FYI) - Incorrect entry ( open field ) in the preferences causes Inkscape to crash on my system.

Good Luck
RGDS
Ragnar
ragstian

Postby anabelen » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Ragnar, thanks for your answer.
I`m using Inkscape 0.48.4 and mi SO is Windows XP.
Here, you can see how the menú looks (spanish sorry):

Regards,
Attachments
print screen.jpg
print screen.jpg (91.17 KiB) Viewed 210 times
anabelen

Postby ~suv » Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 am

The availability of the feature 'File > Import from Open Clip Art Library' depends on the OS:

• For Windows users, this feature is not present in current stable versions (e.g. Inkscape 0.48.4).
    The refactored dialog available in unstable development snapshot builds (Inkscape 0.48+devel rXXXXX) however does work on Windows too, and will be part of the next major release Inkscape 0.49.
  • Mac users ought to be careful to save before using 'Import from Open Clip Art Library': the feature does work once in the current session with Inkscape 0.48.2 and usually triggers a crash if used a second time.
    It likely won't work at all on OS X in the next major release of Inkscape.
  • Linux users should be more or less ok, both with current stable and with development builds of Inkscape.

Feature request for Windows users tracked here, crash with stable Inkscape versions on Mac OS X tracked here, failure of the refactored dialog on OS X with development builds tracked here. Occasional crash with some libxml2 versions on linux is tracked here.
~suv

Return to Help with using Inkscape