It is a known issue that some of the default keyboard shortcuts don't work with localized/platform-specific keyboards. The best workaround is to create a custom key-mapping file in the user Inkscape profile with new definitions for those shortcuts that fail because the keys can only be generated in combination with the 'AltGr' (Windows) or 'Option/Alt' (Mac OS X) modifier .
steps to create a user keyboard shortcut file:
- copy 'share\keys\default.xml' to '%APPDATA%\Inkscape\keys\default-orig.txt' 
- open the copy 'default-orig.txt', read the introduction in the first part of the file
- create a new (plain text) document, add the basic tags needs, copy the shortcut definitions of those listed in 'default-orig.txt' that fail with your keyboard and change the keys so you no longer need the 'AltGr' modifier to invoke the shortcut.
Here's an example using '*' to show or hide guides:
- Code: Select all
<keys name="Inkscape default">
<!-- personal keyboard shortcut overrides -->
<!-- View -->
Note: '*' will no longer invoke the 'star' tool, instead it now toggles guides on and off:
<bind key="asterisk" modifiers="Shift" action="ToggleGuides" /> <!-- * -->
<bind key="asterisk" action="ToggleGuides" display="true"/>
<!-- don't forget to close the keys tag -->
- save the new file as '%APPDATA\Inkscape\keys\default.xml' 
- restart Inkscape
Shortcut definitions in the user default.xml file will override the default ones. Maybe the details described in an earlier topic will help you (even though they were written for using Inkscape on a Mac): "Previous zoom feature of Grave/Acute Accent
See also US keyboard layout
and German keyboard layout
to help you choose new keys.
 unfortunately some keyboard shortcuts are hard-coded and can't be remapped.
Bug #165755 in Inkscape: “keys inaccessible with localized/platform-specific keyboards
Bug #266913 in Inkscape: “Text's letter spacing fails with localized keyboard layout
Bug #338302 in Inkscape: “Problem in rotation text using ALT + ]
 %APPDATA%\Inkscape\keys depends on your Windows version:
- Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Inkscape\keys
- Windows Vista - C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Inkscape\keys