Derek Banas has a very lively set of YouTube tutorials. While small in number (8 videos), Derek guides beginners through the essentials. Highly recommended for those wishing to get familiar with some of the basics (and even some intermediates who appreciate a refresher). Derek emphasizes keyboard shortcuts to improve work-flow while encouraging the use of some oft-neglected or misunderstood tools.
Inkscape Video Tutorial (8 video play list):
- Tutorial 1: Review of the tools, their basic functions and keyboard shortcuts.
- Tutorial 2: Create Keyboard Shortcuts, Document Properties, Tricks for Selecting Objects, Guides, Rulers, Align, Transform, Rows & Columns and more.
- Tutorial 3: Pathfinder Tools, RGB, HSL, CMYK, Blur, Fill, Stroke, Dropper Tool, the Tweak Tool, Dashes, Joints, Gradient Tool, Gradient Options and much more.
- Tutorial 4: Bezier Tool, Nodes, Path Effects and more.
- Tutorial 5: Cloning and Clone Tiling.
- Tutorial 6: Filter Editor.
- Tutorial 7: Filter Editor: Displacement Map, Morphology, Imagine and Convolve Matrix.
- Tutorial 8: Patterns, Clipping, Masking, Converting to Bitmap, Tracing, Raster Extensions, and more.
- Click here to play all the tutorials.
Nick Saporito has an decent set of YouTube tutorials (147 at time of posting, now 153 videos). NOTE: Nick's "Beginner" Tutorials start at a fast pace. So if you're itching to create masterpieces in Inkscape, but are not familiar with Inkscape's tools & terminology, I recommend beginning with Derek Banas' basics above.
Inkscape Beginner Tutorials (55 video play list) - new videos added:
Inkscape Intermediate/Advanced Tutorials (30 video play list):
Inkscape Logo Design Tutorials (42 video play list):
Inkscape Typeface Tutorials (18 video play list - new videos added):
Inkscape Explained (8 video play list):