Show off your finished Inkscape work.
johnboy wrote:I love your style of drawing, it seems so unique! Who/what is your main inspiration?
Nice! Glad you like my style. Many things and people have influenced and inspired me. I'll try to keep it short. (starting over the third time now, abandoning the huge block of text I had just come up with... tl;dr ;) )
- in my early years Disney tv shows like Ducktales
- the drawings in the manuals of Warcraft 2 and Diablo, mainly the stuff drawn by Chris Metzen. The mid 90s to me were a period of pretty wild and gory guys in big armor, decapitated heads, orcs, etc
- Joe Madureira (BattleChasers) and Humberto Ramos (Crimson, Revelation, etc)
- the hip hop and graffiti culture in general... baggy pants, caps, guys smoking joints were a very common subject in my drawings in the 90s and people have told me that my character style is kinda graffiti-ish. So, that's why ;)
- animation in general, both eastern and western
- comics, mainly European ones, e.g. Sky Doll, Monster Allergy, Sillage
Surprisingly I've never had much interest in the old masters. There are so many contemporary influences. Just turn on the internet for 20 mins and you'll have seen a ton of cool things. The challenge is to draw inspiration from other people's work without simply imitating/copying it. People saying that my style is kinda unique is the greatest compliment to me, since it means that I must be doing something right. So yeah, thanks a lot :)
It's Rumpelstiltskin... Well, that's what it's supposed to be. I'm afraid my style isn't the best for classic fairytale motives :D Once again, this is something my sister asked me to draw, along with three other fairytales that I have yet to do.
It's been a while. I've been terribly lazy during the past couple of weeks. This will have to change. Here's my first little piece for this year. And yes, it's an unspectacular self-depiction :P Anyway, Happy New Year guys!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest