Show off your finished Inkscape work.
Mathias

Re: Your first Inkscape drawing

Postby Mathias » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 am

My first work and i want to say, i like Inkscape. :oops:

inksquid

My first Inkscape drawing

Postby inksquid » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi, folks, my first ever inkscape drawing. 8-)

Background is pre-made texture. 8-)

b4k4

Postby b4k4 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Mine was a logo for our school. I took over the web page in 2005 and redid it in a cms instead of the old hand made static pages that the previous guy did. I wanted a clean logo for it. The previous one was a small jpeg that no-one could remember who made and that looked like it might even have been scanned.
I had opened and closed inkscape many times over the years, but now I forced myself to sit down and learn some basics. I loved the clone tool straight off, and it was also my first introduction to bezier curves. I struggled with the node handles and there were some kinks in the drawing. Then I couldn't manage to do a shadow, so I exported to png and did that in the Gimp. Maybe shadows were harder back then?
I can't find the original anymore, but this is an improved version, with better node control.

pbureau

Postby pbureau » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:49 am

my first finished drawing with Inkscape, it started a series of robot like creatures that I am exposing on a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-of-Electric-Creatures/289634678221

Chezzybanana

Postby Chezzybanana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:15 am

The first thing I did on Inkscape when I got it was this little image of a emo-type guy holding a heart and stuff. I drew the outline and scanned it in, then traced it and coloured it on Inkscape. I quite like it ^-^

Hopefully it should show...Yup. Shows up good enough for me =]

Skuldpt

Postby Skuldpt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 pm

First of all, hi I'm new in here.....
And here is my first work with it!

http://photos1.hi5.com/0125/750/048/AnbpZD750048-02.png

I really didn't know what to do! :D

mbogonov

Postby mbogonov » Tue May 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Technically, my first first .svg drawing was a bunch of blobs and lines (figureing out how Inkscape worked), but my first graph that I made was this rectangle/line/point scatter plot - it is an svg graph. A perl script reads in a data text file with xy data, and writes out an svg. This graph can plot x,y data when your data may have a *range* in x, y, or both x and y ( looks like a rectangle in the plot). This graph is a png copy of the resulting output. The svg format is nice, because svgs are fully editable in inkscape if you want to make modifications or tweaks to your graph, and of course an svg vector image has infitite resolution.

Also makes a regression fit line, and prints equation at top..
http://sites.bio.indiana.edu/~watsonlab/software.htm

yogzatot

Postby yogzatot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:20 am

Mine first wasn't much of drawing actually. Still, all contour cuting-out and making composite picture,adding some shadows were done in Inkscape. That was one of my very first steps in Inkscape. I do not come from Ilustrator or Photoshop background, Inkscape is a start of 2D ilustration to me.

http://img696.imageshack.us/f/ironmanyd.jpg/

RobA

Postby RobA » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 am

Winin wrote:Hey all,

I made a world map for a computer game (http://www.dangerlands.com) I'm working on. While looking for mapping software, I found Inkscape, and the sample map by Nicu Buculei. The look fit our game so much, I adopted it. Thanks!

Hey Winin- If you have an interest in fantasy style mapping, head over to www.cartographersguild.com and joing a great community of friendly people with the same interest!

There are a number of mapping tutorials for many aps, including inkscape, illustrator, gimp, photoshop and more.

(disclaimer - I am a co-admin there)

-Rob A>

Weylin

Postby Weylin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Other than my Avatar, this is the first image without a tutorial I have made:

Katzi

Postby Katzi » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 am

is the first drawing I made for a photo etch session

lik7even

Postby lik7even » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:38 am

Hi all Inkscape users! My first drawing is "into the sea of sin". It was in november 2009 i think

Prototype of this girl i saw on winamp skin.

and decide that black&white colour only is good to begin, because it is easy. But i wrong!
It was not so easy but very interesting

p.s. sorry my bad english language! I was so bad in school!

Vince_B

Postby Vince_B » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:22 am

Hi! I'm primarily a 3D modeler. I'm learning Inkscape to create sketches to guide the modeling. My first semi-decent sketch is of a short sword, as shown below. I think Inkscape is an excellent choice for this application. :)

microUgly
Site Admin

Postby microUgly » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 pm

lik7even wrote:Hi all Inkscape users! My first drawing is "into the sea of sin". It was in november 2009 i think

I really like that. You don't see many monotone painting. Nice work.

Beffa

Postby Beffa » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:29 am

This was my first drawing, he doesnt have a name yet, suggestions are welcome :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

brynn

Postby brynn » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:03 am

Aaaawww, he's so cute!
Really nice depth effect too.

InkUser

Postby InkUser » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:46 am

Hi guys,
you really did a good job with your first inkscapedrawings. There are a lot which are totally professional!
I just wanted to create a logo (=my first drawing). After some inkscapetutorials and working with text reflection this was my result:

I didn’t really liked it a 100%. Therefore after some months and after some more experience with Inkscape I tried again:

InkUser
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.iatrum.de

calcmandan

Postby calcmandan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:09 pm

This is my first inkscape image. For background, I play a mmorpg called Regnum. Anyway my clan has a crest on the website that we use to identify our group and thought it needed some reworking. So I started with the initial concept and went from there. It's a fantasy themed game so... You have the shield and weapons behind. A mage's staff, a warrior's sword, and an archer's bow. A scroll on the bottom with the clan name in a diploma font.

This is not only my first inkscape drawing, but my first successful drawing regardless of image software.

I initially started with gimp but it was suggested i use vector graphics so as to maintain quality of the image after scaling.

sergi

Postby sergi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:18 am

Hi! I'm new to Inkscape and would like to post my first drawing. Someone tell me how could I upload my drawing please? Many thanks!

sergi

brynn

Postby brynn » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:30 am

Welcome sergi!

First you will need to upload your image to the internet. This topic contains some suggestions for websites that host images for free viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7 After you upload it, the site will give you the address where your image now resides (known as a URL). It might even give you the proper code, which after pasting into a message and clicking Submit, will display your image.

If it doen't not give you the code, but only the URL, then do this:
-- Click Post Reply to start a new message (you can't use Quick Reply for this)
-- In the message editor, click the "Img" button, in the row of buttons just above the message field, and below the Subject: field
-- That will automatically enter what's known as the "image tags", with the cursor flashing right between the opening and closing tags
-- Without moving the cursor, paste the URL
-- Click Preview, rather than submit, to see your image and make sure it's displayed as you intend.
-- Click Submit
-- Done :D

Wicket

Postby Wicket » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:37 pm

This was my first Inkscape picture:

I made it into an oil painting later:

It looks much better in real but its not that easy to take a good photo of an oil painting. I call it "Barry's bad fur day".

sergi

Postby sergi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:41 am

Thanks brynn! I've managed to find the uploading tab under the text field, so it's not a prob now, hopefully! I realized this is not the place for posting this kind of queries, but I feel deeply frustrated trying to colour a drawing I made with Inkscape, using the paintbucket of Inkscape. So far the only result that I get after selecting the areas I want with colour is a jumble of intersected lines with little or not connection with the original drawing. This is very important for me, brynn, as I don't have any problem with the drawing itself being quite good at it naturally, but I wouldn't like to have to use Gimp for the colouring if I can avoid it. Something along the lines of microUgly's colouring of that sexy girl with long hair is what I have in mind. Is it all about layers maybe? Many thanks. I'll be posting my stuff in Deviantart. Happy New Year!!!

sergi

Postby sergi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:43 am

Hi! I'm trying to download the SVGZ file but the link seems to be broken. Many thanks and Happy New Year!!!

sergi

Postby sergi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 am

Hi microUgly. I've recently joined the ranks of so many Inkscape believers. I'm an artist who got finally tired one day of messing his hands doing artwork...until I found Inkscape. I love the bezier curves tool, really. I've done a drawing myself of which I am particularly proud, but the colouring had to be made using Gimp, as it's a mystery for my how to create large areas of flat colour with Inkscape the way you've done with that lovely, many-armed goddess. When I select all the drawing and try to fill large areas like the arms, head, legs and so on it returns a jumble of intersected lines with not much in common with the original concept. What I want is to apply say a general tone for the skin and then work my way towards deeper hues for the shadows. Is there any hidden grail to the marvels Inkscape to which all novices must aspire through ardous effort before mastering it? I've read all the basic tutorials provided with the software and searched on the Internet with not much luck, finding only scarce material about basic but not complex colouring. Are layers involved there somehow?

Many thanks and have a good one on New Year's :)!

LadySapphire

Postby LadySapphire » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:03 am

Here is my first Inkscape project.
It's so fun to draw in vector, and saves alot of headaches!

p.s. I hope I loaded that right
if not
http://sapphireprincess88.deviantart.co ... -191679655

Return to “Finished Inkscape Work”