Dillerkind's image pool

Show off your finished Inkscape work.
Maestral

Re: Dillerkind's image pool

Postby Maestral » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:39 am

Boy oh boy, these traditional ones are so inviting.... I can smell a rubber on these ,)
Were they commissioned as well? If not, I`m sure they will be upon publication.

Also, I can read you better from these than from vectored ones. Both of them are clearly breathing (so to say / I`ll stop with hyperbolas and other figures) but I`m not quite sure what might be the difference with your other drawings, here on this thread. Perhaps the angles?

May the blistering barnacles and thundering typhoons never stop you! 8-)
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:54 pm

jabiertxof
Thank you, thank you! You're too kind.
No, I haven't used any recent dev builds. In fact I've only done the last 2 or 3 pieces with the 0.91 build, before these I was still using the old 48.5. I don't even know where to grab current dev versions since the files on the linked sourceforge page seem a bit outdated and the Microsoft skydrive page where I got dev builds from last year hasn't been updated in months. Is there a place to grab some binaries, since I'm too dumb (and lazy) to build things on my own..?

Maestral
I'm working on some new stuff at the moment. No, these cardboard drawings weren't commissioned. To be honest, very few of my drawings are commissioned/paid for work; most is just personal hobby that I might or might not offer in varies printed forms. But in total I make very little money with it. It does look like I'm going to sell one of those last two soon, though.

You're right in that my traditional and vector stuff look somewhat different, although they come from the same hand. I think the main difference is simply that I don't really "draw" the vector stuff in the classic sense of the word. I draw the sketches for it but the vectors are laid out in a more hmm.. let's say "CAD-ish" way. I don't have/use a tablet. Hence it's not freehand drawing, but "constructing" shapes node by node, click by click.
Also there's the difference in precision. Working digitally I can zoom in to make everything as neat and precise as can be while on paper it's limited. In vectors I can fiddle with every little detail for an eternity, fix position, shape, color, anything. And yes, I often find myself spending way too much time moving around, trying to make them "perfect", small things that eventually nobody will ever really notice.
Another advantage of working digitally, of course, is the undo function. There's no such thing on paper.. oh well, maybe limited undo when working with pencils and erasers and such. But with the inks in the latest drawings there was no undo function. Screw it up and the whole piece can be ruined, unless you can somehow "camouflage" the flaw.

I think these are the two main reasons for the different looks. And tell you the truth, I like that this difference exists. I don't even try to make my vectors look like my pencils or vice versa. I hope this helps clearing the mystery a little bit :)
... My blog ... << Come visit me :) >> ... My thread ...

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:04 pm

You are on Linux,Win,Mac? Version?

brynn

Postby brynn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:49 am

No matter which version, you can find what you need from this page: https://inkscape.org/en/download/

It's my understanding that Inkscape is in the process of breaking all, or almost all ties with SF (which is apparently a good thing, given SF's recent, less than professional, imo, behavior).

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:11 am

Hi brynn.
No windows package of 0.91+devel on it

brynn

Postby brynn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:47 am

Off topic:
jabiertxof wrote:Hi brynn.

Hhmm....it seems like it should be there. Is it missing for a reason? I'll check with the website team :D

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:41 pm

Thanks Brynn, i see your post on inkscape-docs.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:02 pm

jabiertxof wrote:Hi brynn.

Yep, my problem exactly. I'm on Windows (that's why I'm not too fond of compiling stuff myself :D ). I had checked everywhere before, on the official page, the SF and the skydrive I mentioned earlier - no luck in either of those places. It wasn't much of a problem so far, since I didn't really intend to make use of cutting-edge features. But now that you asked about that specific tool, I'd check that out if there's a version available somewhere.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Ok, when there is a windows devel version i ping you. Thanks in advance, i want to get your impression of the tool I develop.

druban

Postby druban » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Brainless was kind enough to build your Windows versions for us before but hasn't been around for a while. It would definitely be appreciated.
Your mind is what you think it is.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:01 pm

I send some PM to brainless time ago and no reply. I hope he/she is well.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:16 pm

After some little downtime I've picked up some new vector stuff...

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Great! Could you reupload the first post link https://eysventura.wordpress.com/galler ... 9_twopack/?

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Ohaha, this old thing.. It's outdated and has been replaced by another image long ago. But I updated the link in the first post... and for convenience, here it is again.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:51 am

:)

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 am

As with most other teasers before, there's some delay with the current vector piece. I've been doing more traditional stuff (see blog) and procrastinating Inkscape-related things. But here's something to fill the gap. It's not exactly new but I haven't posted it before. I made this back in 2012 as Mother's Day present

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Great!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Thanks Jabier!

And after the traditional stuff I did last month, here's some new vector material at last. I had been playing around with some of the more artsy filters on the background... but eventually decided to leave things as they are. Hence, no blur, no texture, just plain ol' gradient goodness.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:03 am

:)

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:57 pm

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Great!!! too young to me :)

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:52 pm

Hahaha, well yes.. like many other people I prefer to draw young folks. Possibly because we all know that our youth won't last forever and so we desperately cling to it where ever possible :D There is something interesting and fun about old wrinkly faces, too. Though for some odd reason I think I'd rather do these in pixels, rather than vectors.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:26 pm

I also draw young/clean vectors ;). In my mind there is a idea to draw people in bad situation -money, hungry...- but im not enoght good drawer.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Hmm, the feeling of not being good enough (yet) shouldn't keep you from trying anyway. Practice makes perfect, as they say. Just try and see what you can come up with. Might as well turn out better than you expected in the first place :)

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:30 am

Here's the finished piece. It's mainly done with gradients, as usual, plus some Gaussian blur on the background (which, again, gave me some headaches upon hi-res png-export :D )

Return to “Finished Inkscape Work”