Dillerkind's image pool

Show off your finished Inkscape work.
jabiertxof

Re: Dillerkind's image pool

Postby jabiertxof » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:57 am

Dillerkind wrote:Hmm, the feeling of not being good enough (yet) shouldn't keep you from trying anyway. Practice makes perfect, as they say. Just try and see what you can come up with. Might as well turn out better than you expected in the first place :)

You are ok, need more time to draw. Im currenty focus on programming over Inkscape in my spare time.
And a great window!!!

CameronBohnstedt

Postby CameronBohnstedt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:48 am

Really like your thread. I wish I put out work as consistently. Trying to change that. Keep at it. : )

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 am

jabiertxof
Oh yeah, I know that problem. And I'm sure that even if a day had 48 hours, we'd still be short on time :D

Cameron
I'll try my best. Years ago I was putting out drawings much more frequently. I'm still trying to have something finished on a somewhat regular basis though. Not all is Inkscape-related and thus of relevance on this forum but yeah, still raising the finished-works-counter.

Thanks you two!
... My blog ... << Come visit me :) >> ... My thread ...

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:37 am

:)

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:05 am

Oh wow... a month with no updates. How sad... :/ Anyway, here's something I just finished. Need to draw more pretty female backsides :P

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:34 am

A good s-h-ock treatment!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Hahaha.. yeah, I suppose you could say so :D

Btw I noticed that there are Win32 dev builds available from http://download.tuxfamily.org/inkscape/ . This is linked in the official download page. I remembered that you asked me about some feature you've been working on, B-spline was it, right? I tried it out, only very briefly though. From what I've seen it's working fine. However, I'm having difficulties to wrap my head around this "indirect" way of drawing. Same goes for the "normal" click-dragging way of placing nodes, too. That's why I always click-place nodes and then adjust path segments afterwards. Hence, I'm afraid, I can't really give in-depth feedback about this. Sorry mate.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks for try it! Normal node sometimes give you more control once path is drawn but for first placement of nodes BSpline is I think better. You always can draw in BSpline mode and convert object to path. remember use shift for move handles or make cusp nodes while drawing.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Next one. Full image contains nudity and can be seen in the linked blog post.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:47 am

Great!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:44 am

A bit late, but thanks again, Jabier!

----------

And here's something new - more Kim Possible fan-stuff. Again, another version can be seen in my blog. Undies version, not fully SFW I suppose :D As usual, most of the work has gone into adjusting paths/nodes and gradients. The girl's shadow on the back wall is a mix of Inkscape's Drop-Shadow filter and simple gradient-filled shapes. Besides that (and the obligatory Multiply) no filters were used. Hope y'all like :)

[edit]
Where did the friendly orange forum theme go?!?

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:52 pm

BeautyFull

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:51 am

Thank you, jabier!

----------

And here's a new one. No 16:9 aspect ratio this time, sorry about that :D

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:19 am

I want the TShirt!!!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Hahaha, your wish is my command! :D I had already considered adding it to my RedBubble store.. and now I just did. So if you're really interested you can get one. Image links to the page.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 am

I hope got it when end my diet!
Cheers, Jabier.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:31 pm

That's okay, anytime you want. I rarely remove things from my RB portfolio so Mr HappyBear won't go anywhere :D

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:18 pm

Perfect. Good name!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:10 am

I was having trouble with some other stuff I wanted to do last night... and then spontaneously came up with a plan B, which was to make a little self portrait thingie. Here's the result. Less complex style than I'd usually try to go for but also much less time-consuming.

Btw is there a tag to change the alignment of text/images from left to centered here in the forums?

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:32 am

Like the new style! Maybe a very little shadow to the front boot, but not sure.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Thank you, you're right about the shoe. I should have added some shading there, too.

As for the "new" style, it's actually "the old style" since it's more similar to the way I did the shading in my early pieces. It's not exactly like in the old days though. Back then I didn't use gradient fills but here I did. Just much fewer and a lot less subtle than I usually try to do nowadays. Anyway, glad you like it :)

toxigames

Postby toxigames » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:02 pm

You draw amazing art, I was wondering if you would tell a little bit about what inspires you? I mean, how do you come up with these fantastic images? Does they appear by themselves before your inner eye, do you see it in your imagination? I can do that when I am half asleep/half awake but as soon as I get up it disappears. Do you have any advice to give on how to achieve artistic inspiration? Hope my questions make sense and sorry for troubling you with it. I'm just really impressed with your work and was wondering "how you do it". Anyway have a great day! :)

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:24 am

Heya.. Yes, your question does make sense. And no, it's no trouble at all. Why would it be? There's no straight-forward answer to it though.

It's not always the same. Sometimes it's just as you said, a clear idea forming in my mind, triggered by something I saw or heard maybe. This can be an artwork I see on the internet, that makes me want to try something similar. Or it can be something seemingly insignificant or unrelated, a line or shape that looks like a face or whatever else (like things one might see in a cloud) that would make a neat little drawing. Other times it doesn't take any "external input" and instead there's just the desire or a spontaneous idea to draw this or that => "hey, I've never drawn an afro-zombie-cyborg pizza delivery dude". Often times when I sit down with an idea in my head and start scribbling, I hit a deadend, can't really get the idea on paper in a satisfactory fashion. It's actually a very common thing for me to come up with something solid after a very frustrating first hour(s) of trial and error and quite often I end up with something completely different from what I had originally thought about. To be honest, I feel kind of uninspired, uncreative most of the time (though for some odd reason people won't believe me.. haha). Sometimes that's bothering me - but mostly I'm fine with it. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel with every single picture I make. There are a few subjects that I stick to and that appear quite frequently throughout my entire gallery; mostly I draw characters, rarely full scenes or environments and stuff. Cute girls, weird skulls, people with big blades, gloves, collars and hoods, floating bands - that's what I like to draw most, what I rearrange and draw time and time again. I'm simply trying to do what I do and improve my style along the way. It's a slow process, no courses, no school or anybody formally teaching me, just natural development by doing things and reading up on the few points I can't figure out for myself. This year I finally began drawing on colored cardboard with ink and white pencil. This certainly doesn't sound very exciting but it's been something I've wanted to try for a long time. It was fun and with it came some ideas for new images that simply felt right to do in that style. So, inspiration came simply by trying something new... well, partially new anyway since I have used inks as well as pencils before, just not in combination. Anyway, I think you get the point :)

Now, can I give advice on how to get inspiration? No, unfortunately I can't. If somebody can, I'd love to hear it myself :D The only advice I can think of is something I've said several times in the past: just keep doing stuff. Experiment, try to find solutions for things you seem to be unable to do yet, look at other people's works and techniques (something I've neglected for a very long time). I think nowadays it's easier than ever with the internet, movies, comics, games and all that to find inspiration. Just don't try to force anything. If one day you can't get anything on paper, put the pencil away and try again the next day. Trying to force inspiration seems to have quite the opposite, negative effect.. at least for me it works that way. And don't feel too upset if things take more time than you expected. Ah well, don't know what else to say here. I'm afraid that sounded kinda esoteric but hopefully it answered your question anyway. Thanks for the compliments :)

toxigames

Postby toxigames » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:42 am

Thanks for a great answer, I think I sometimes forget that probably every artist struggles (not sure this is the right word) from time to time and nothing comes easy. Especially not great art. Just keep doing stuff and experiment; that's sound advice and I believe you are absolutely right! Thanks again for taking the time to answer! :)

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:53 pm

My pleasure :) I guess some struggle more than others but that's okay. And to be honest, I believe it would be pretty boring if there was no struggle at all. It's the trouble that keeps us biting our way through, coming back to a problem, trying to solve it. If we were "perfect" right from the beginning, what fun would it be to do things when there was no room to improve our skills?

----------

Alright, and here's a commissioned piece I finished recently.

Return to “Finished Inkscape Work”