Dillerkind's image pool

Show off your finished Inkscape work.
Maestral

Re: Dillerkind's image pool

Postby Maestral » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:48 am

Oooohhh.... delicate one, aye?

I don`t remember seeing your work with narower palette with so wide display of varieties. Compliments on an excellent work.
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:40 am

Hahaha, you mean it's not as rainbow/candy colored as some of my other pics :D Thanks a lot for the compliment!
... My blog ... << Come visit me :) >> ... My thread ...

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:41 am

New piece...

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:10 am

Great views!

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:03 am

Visiting your blog brought me to the discovered that I have an x-ray vision xD

Very interesting composition, regarding the depth and the lines framing the view, and their gentle disposition. Also, jeans are phantasmagoric but that arm just implies ... not that I`m a fan of One direction, neither the term nor the group, but that straighten arm is just to strong and aimed oddly. Still, it`s just a detail for which I took a liberty to share with you - while it`s overtaken by the really nice shading and the mentioned representation of the depth of field.
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:59 pm

Jabier
Thank you sir!

Maestral
Congrats on the newly gained x-ray ability. Probably something you got on your latest level-up ;D About her arm... I see what you mean. Actually, it's supposed to be bent a bit, with the upper arm being somewhat "parallel to the camera plane" and the lower arm pointing towards the background. Does that make sense? Anyway, it looks a bit odd. Better luck next time, eh :D Thanks for pointing this out... and all the praise, of course.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Last one for this year. Another Kim Possible piece. Full image is in my blog. It doesn't contain nudity but some might say it's somewhat nsfw nonetheless.

Happy holidays everybody! Hope I'll see you all again in good health in 2016 :)

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Amazing shot!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Thank you Jabs. And a Happy New Year to all of you!

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:39 pm

The same!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Hello everybody. It's February already and only now I've finished some vector stuff. Definitely need to pick up the pace. This is a commissioned piece, the second one for this person with two more to follow.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 am

sad face, great pick!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Hello friends! I'm back... with a new pic. Proven combination of cute girl and abstract city background :D Hope you like it.

On a side note, this piece is available in my store... as is the ninja from her shirt ^^ Links can be found in the blog post linked in the image.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Great work! I hope you can make some art to inkscape merchandaising, ping me if interested to drop a line in mailing list with your offer and link to this forum post.
Cheers, Jabier.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks a bunch, Jabier! Sales are going very slow. Too many people offering stuff on RB and similar sites and, more importantly- I don't have enough material to update frequently. But I won't complain :D

----------

And here's my latest piece.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Sven. I just view http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entr ... h-inkscape great!!!

Anyway contribute to inkscape merchandaising only move you to the hall of fame, but not make you rich :).
If you still want it I suggest you as a artist for some inkscape related art.
Cheers, Jabier.
PD:
Great pic, great perspective!

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:33 pm

Oh, I never expected to get rich with this. Maybe if I were a lot more aggressive with updates and advertising.. But I guess at some point this would kill the fun of drawing, which in turn would result in crappier pics. I may not get rich but I enjoy doing these and some people seem to enjoy my works as well. So that's perfectly fine :)

The libregraphicsworld link.. Alex Prokoudine contacted me back then and asked if I'd like to do a little interview. It was fun and still to date some people seem to find their way to my blog through this article. At least that's what my wordpress stats tell me :D

The new pic.. I like that sort of top-down perspective. This piece was a lot of fun to do once I had the line-art set up... which, to be honest, took quite a while. In fact, this was the third approach, entirely different from the first two.

----------

Somebody on Facebook asked about the background in the second to last image so I made an example. Maybe somebody here will find that useful, too. Link to the svg file is in the blog post.

Last edited by Dillerkind on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:10 pm

Keep the fun please! Thanks for the reply. Personaly I think more works is not = more money. Maybe you can link some works to text and try to viralize it, any way this kind of works are like fast food.
Maybe you can do something like trademark the wears of your caracthers for example with casual wear trademarks, and send them your works.
Just a idea if you like to get it.

Cheers, Jabier.

dimumurray

Postby dimumurray » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:01 am

Do you have a youtube or twitch channel? Would love to see a video of one your creations from start to finish.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Heya.. No, I haven't done any videos and I don't see myself doing so in the near future. I'm pretty slow. The overall amount of time I need for each pic is way too much for a live stream. And I'm mostly pushing nodes and gradient handles around. So there's nothing exciting to see anyway. Sorry.

----------

Here's one I just finished. Outline view and a detail shot in the last blog post.

dimumurray

Postby dimumurray » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:05 am

Dillerkind wrote:Heya.. No, I haven't done any videos and I don't see myself doing so in the near future. I'm pretty slow. The overall amount of time I need for each pic is way too much for a live stream. And I'm mostly pushing nodes and gradient handles around. So there's nothing exciting to see anyway. Sorry.

Sounds exciting to me. Forget about a live stream, how about recording a few sessions as you work; maybe a few quick shorts showing how you get started adding a clip here and there illustrating how you work on certain details (for example; an eye in the case of anatomy). You could put together a series of these; hell I'd be willing to edit the videos and post them on youtube if you're willing.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:38 pm

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of video tutorials. They make it so people expect to be taken by the hand for every single step, instead of just showing them some basic facts and encourage them to work the details out for themselves. However, I can put together small examples as I've done a few times before. The eye thing would be an option, though as usual this will be without any claim to anatomical (or other) correctness :D Like I said, just an example to show people how I personally do certain things, but not to teach anybody.

----------

Here's a new piece. A random girl in a library...

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:12 pm

Dillerkind wrote:Here's a new piece. A random girl in a library...

... reordering the Go to the library at the top of the ToDo list ,)))

The whole serie of these girls is absolutely magnificent. I may repeat myself, but I`ll be very glad to see these characters in some expanded context or even "moved" a bit ,)

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:51 am

Hehehe, I'm sure you can meet nice people in a library but have to admit that it's been years since I've seen the inside of such a place myself. As for the "expanded context and moving bit" there's nothing new to report unfortunately. It would be cool and I haven't entirely given up hope to do something in this direction at some point... but to be honest, it's nowhere near the top of my personal priority list and I don't even know where to begin. Maybe I can do at least some simple blinking animation or whole-body-shifting-slightly-before-background-to-simulate-breathing or something along those lines. I don't know... Anyway, once again thank you for the nice feedback and the reminder ;)

----------

And here's a new piece... or actually a new variant of an older pixel piece. I've already done another variant of the same character, in voxels to be precise. Voxel and pixel version can be seen in the current blog post.

jabiertxof

Postby jabiertxof » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Great fingers!

Return to “Finished Inkscape Work”