Dillerkind's image pool

Show off your finished Inkscape work.
Dillerkind

Re: Dillerkind's image pool

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm

New one... It's slightly larger than most of my other submissions. That's why I decided to post only this cropped little teaser. Full image is in my blog :) And no worries, it's SFW, although the teaser might give you other ideas :P

... My blog ... << Come visit me :) >> ... My thread ...

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:18 am

My latest work. I felt that it was about time to add some new stuff to my RedBubble shop... So there you go. Shirts are available HERE, in case somebody is interested. Feedback is also welcome, of course :)

RM.

Postby RM. » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Damn.. :lol: Would you post bigger pictures, please? :)
I'm just someone who likes to create.

Logopond - CGsociety

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 am

The images I post are actually about the size of most of my pencil drawings. I've always posted rather smallish stuff.. and I like it this way. Sooo, with a few exceptions I fear you'll have to deal with this size. Sorry :D

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:10 am

Heya all... Here's my latest pic, a little tribute to everybody's favorite vector program. Kudos go out to the devs :)
Wallpapers in different sizes/formats are available in my current blog post. So check it out if you like the pic.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Two new pieces, making up my this year's b-day present for my sister...

Hmmm.. yes, I like using the checkerboard pattern. So you have noticed, huh.. :D

aliendough

Postby aliendough » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:27 pm

Your work is really amazing, Dillerkind. Do you have any Youtube videos of you doing a speed painting or something like that?

BobSongs

Postby BobSongs » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:12 am

brynn wrote:Lol, would that be grunge sponge? Image

Grunge Bob!

nesDk

Postby nesDk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Quoted for truth. aliendough wrote:Your work is really amazing, Dillerkind. Do you have any Youtube videos of you doing a speed painting or something like that?

i to would like to see your workflow in inkscape.
if it linked in your blog, then it is well hidden.

brynn

Postby brynn » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:45 am

There is a sort of tutorial in the blog. Linked to one of the messages in this thread. It's not a video though.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:30 pm

BobSongs wrote:
brynn wrote:Lol, would that be grunge sponge? Image

Grunge Bob!

Hehehe... yeah, guess Mr. BobSongs knows such things :D

aliendough wrote:Your work is really amazing, Dillerkind. Do you have any Youtube videos of you doing a speed painting or something like that?

Thank you for the compliment :)
Actually no, I've never made a video in my life. And trust me, if I did it would be a very boring vid, as 95% of what I'm doing is pushing nodes and handles about. Not much to see there and I'd have to make it incredibly fast-forward or skip large portions since I'm working rather slowly.

nesDk wrote:i to would like to see your workflow in inkscape.if it linked in your blog, then it is well hidden.

Same here, there's nothing well hidden. There really is NO video tutorial (or any actual tutorial at all). The only thing I can offer are step-by-steps I put together for a couple of my pics. However, these were only supposed to give a quick overview of how I put things together in general. So don't expect something really detailed or with an actual learning-effect.

I just added another sub-category for this kind of things. You can find them >> HERE <<.

If you want to know something specific, just ask. I (or rather my working style) might not be of great help for most other people but I'm still trying to assist others wherever possible :)

nesDk

Postby nesDk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm

it wasnt so much a tutorial.
just a "speedDrawing/timelapse" of the workflow, the reason is just optimizing of my own workflow.
(while waching your beautiful stylish pieces being created)

its like an "awesome drug" for the ones that learns via visuals

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 am

Uh, optimizing your workflow... well, unfortunately that's something you can't learn from me. I have some kind of workflow, of course. It works fine for me but I don't think that it will for many other people. My overall working style is kind of "brute force" and everything but elegant. I think it takes mostly patience, rather than skill :D

----------

Erm yes.. here are two new pieces. A teenage mutant ninja turtle and feet of clay golem. Hahaha.. somebody's feeling funny today :D

brynn

Postby brynn » Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 am

Oh, I love the sunbeams! Very nice effect :D

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Fri May 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Oh.. this.. hahaha.. Would you be disappointed when I told that this was only a trapezoid path with a linear gradient, which I then cloned a couple of times, moved and rotated a bit? :D Well, a simple effect for a simple drawing, guess it fits perfectly. Glad you like it.

brynn

Postby brynn » Fri May 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Oh no, not disappointed. I didn't think it was a really complicated Inkscape think. I just like how it looks :D

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Mon May 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Oh good... haha.. then here's some more simplistic stuff for you to enjoy :D

The background was partly inspired by an indie game named Piq.. and some isometric stuff I've recently been doing in Inkscape.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Mon May 28, 2012 4:00 am

Update time! Here's a new one... From the start this was meant to be made into a new shirt, hence I didn't really bother making a more complex background. Right side shows the cropped shirt version. Hope y'all like :)

Btw. in addition to the shirts and prints already available in the shop I uploaded some fancy iPhone/iPod covers today. Anybody interested feel free to check them out >>> here <<<

atmycrossroads

Postby atmycrossroads » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:28 am

Dillerkind,

Have followed and fav'ed quite a few of you DA work. Had no idea you were here on the forums.

Id like to ask. How do you accomplish your cell shading? Whats your technique especially for shading at the edge of your character and maintaining your linework?

brynn

Postby brynn » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:28 pm

microUgly
Site Admin

Postby microUgly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Here's another one that also show how he puts his colours together - http://dillerkind.deviantart.com/art/Su ... kind&qo=54

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:33 pm

atmycrossroads
Heya.. Glad to hear about the faves and yeah, I've been here on this board for a while. Well, in a way, mostly updating this thread. Apart from that, I'm not exactly a guy who's got a lot of important things to say :D

In my pics I keep things rather simple for the most part, including the shading. I like to put the shades on a separate layer (or multiple layers) and usually all the shaded areas even get the same color. This way I can ensure that things look.. well, consistent. Dunno how else to put it. Also, shadow layers get multiply blending. Makes the shadows actually darken the desired areas instead of just overlaying them with some color. Pretty much the same goes for the gradient shadows which I've been using more or less excessively for some time. One basic gradient for everything, added to the auto palette like the other colors in use. Makes changing color values later on quite simple and every "derived" gradient gets updates automatically. Pretty handy, especially for people like me who either have a bad sense for what colors look good together or are undecided and experiment a lot (both of which applies to me). As for the actual shadow shapes, they, like pretty much everything else in my pics, is hand-clicked and adjusted with the path and node tools. It's time-consuming and not really much like "drawing". I suppose that's from my pencil background where I had to do every little bit by hand, too, without many means to take "shortcuts" and speed things up. Want to get that full sheet colored? Then take your time and get started. I don't know.. :D

Hope this answers at least part of your question. For the other part... I'm not sure I understand correctly. What do you mean "... shading at the edge of the character and maintaining your linework"? Lines go on a separate layer, to be precise the top-most one in the hierarchy. This way nothing ever overlaps, blurs or obstructs the lines, which is usually the way I want it. If that's not what you meant just let me know...

brynn and microUgly
Thanks you two, for keeping an eye on this thread while I'm not "at home" :)

microUgly
Site Admin

Postby microUgly » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Dillerkind wrote: One basic gradient for everything, added to the auto palette like the other colors in use. Makes changing color values later on quite simple and every "derived" gradient gets updates automatically. Pretty handy, especially for people like me who either have a bad sense for what colors look good together or are undecided and experiment a lot (both of which applies to me).

So it's not just me that is like that with colours? :) It's one of the reasons Vectors appeal to me--I never have to repaint it when I decide the colours aren't right.

Dillerkind

Postby Dillerkind » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Hehehe.. yeah, that's pretty handy.. and something I've learned to appreciate while doing some pixel stuff with an indexed palette. Works pretty much the same, just in a somewhat different scale :)

Mathieu147

Postby Mathieu147 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Dillerkind wrote: One basic gradient for everything, added to the auto palette like the other colors in use.

What? I have an auto palette, but it's empty. Can you explain a little bit more?

I use Inkscape 0.48 on Ubuntu 12.04.
English is not my natural language so excuse my mistakes.

Return to “Finished Inkscape Work”