Things. At half way.

Post unfinished work here for feedback and advise.
Maestral

Re: Things at half of their way

Postby Maestral » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:01 pm

These are just great!

* I`m wondering... what resolution do you have set on your monitor? Perhaps you use projector while desktop is displayed on some huge wall? I like miniatures, but you are pushing the limits, bit by bit ,)
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

RM.

Postby RM. » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:28 pm

@ Brynn: :D

@ Maestral: I have a Samsung R60, quite old but still works. Its resolution is 1280x800, for 17''. I don't have a projector, whenever i need i just zoom in and add the details i want. :)

And yes, RM is on a mission: put inkscape to the limit. :D
I'm just someone who likes to create.

lmt337

Postby lmt337 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:26 am

I really like all your stuff especially the colours and lighting on the Daredevil.

vanlong441

Postby vanlong441 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 pm

it's great to see many beautiful artwork here. I'm not interested in knowing how they were made as much as knowing such things can be made with Inkscape only, and thank you for showing me that possibility.

My way of approaching digital art is keep the product simple to make and to be re-maked by someone else, though I still like the complexity in some of your work :D Again, thank you and well done!

RM.

Postby RM. » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:51 am

@ lmt337 and @ vanlong441: Thank you both.

RM.

Postby RM. » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:12 am

Two years later, i decided to give a second chance to the cherry and redraw it completely.
After a month of work, here is the final result.

Cherry - July 2012 - X2
Reference Courtesy Lisa Solonynko
Thank you!

Honestly, i'm quite proud of it. I now feel like i can draw better pieces than before and i'm so excited to do more.
Last edited by RM. on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

brynn

Postby brynn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Oh my lord, RM.!! Do you mean that's not a photo? Omg, that is absolutely amazing! I can't imagine how you did it. Well, I guess I have an idea. But that's amazing work. You should absolutely feel proud about it!

You may have some disbelievers though....

RM.

Postby RM. » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 am

There's not need to believe. If used correctly, Inkscape is capable of doing great things. And that's just a small proof.

RM.

Postby RM. » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 am

From now on, the oldest works on my deviantArt page are going to be improved and updated, as i feel they totally need a refresh to fit better my actual objectives and the new drawings that will come. When possible .svg files will be also released.

New mission: Work only with vectors. Screw raster!

Well, lets' start....

[Download and picture removed]
Last edited by RM. on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RM.

Postby RM. » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:45 am

Pencil X2| Magician X2 | Game Boy X2| Pokeball X2 - **** May|June|July 2014
Last edited by RM. on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

druban

Re: Things. At half way.

Postby druban » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Lolita, Dexter, Britney, Daredevil and American Beauty are temporarily deleted.

Sadness! Those were showcase uses of Inkscape, even though the remaining ones are very nice too - the Gameboy is beautiful.
Your mind is what you think it is.

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Nice set, worth waiting for two years ,)
Pencil is my favourite.
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

brynn

Postby brynn » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:48 am

Wow, that Game Boy image.....I think is the most realistic Inkscape drawing I've ever seen!
Not many people would even notice the variations in the holes (for what I assume must be the speaker/sound), much less draw them that way.

Out of curiosity, what is the spherical red, white, black object? I'm thinking webcam or just tiny video camera? Having seen the pencil drawing above, it really reminds me of pencil sharpener.....but I supposed that's just my age showing :?

Did you use the experimental gradient mesh tool for the pencil? How did you make the texture on the shaved/exposed wood part?

RM.

Postby RM. » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:33 pm

druban wrote:Sadness! Those were showcase uses of Inkscape, even though the remaining ones are very nice too - the Gameboy is beautiful.

Oh, don't worry about them. They're still on my memories and collection. Not showing them here, is just a sign that time is passing by and I'm moving on. Glad to hear from you.

Maestral wrote:Nice set, worth waiting for two years ,) Pencil is my favourite.

Hi there, comrade! It's been a while, indeed. Never through about stopping there, and you better work too. For a thousand of whales, your thread is snoring! You know, i won't share le mie monete d'oro with a lazy companion. ,)

brynn wrote:Wow, that Game Boy image.....I think is the most realistic Inkscape drawing I've ever seen!

Yet. :mrgreen:
brynn wrote:Out of curiosity, what is the spherical red, white, black object? I'm thinking webcam or just tiny video camera? Having seen the pencil drawing above, it really reminds me of pencil sharpener.....but I supposed that's just my age showing

Ah! A pencil sharpener! That made me laugh. It is an improved remake of this. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9400#p34901 Check the replies further.I tried the gradient mesh on illustrator. It's a nice tool, but wouldn't fit my way to work. [ Which is the long, hard, stupid way. ] To start i draw some basic shapes similar to colors-blocking techniques. Then the fun begins. Make a path, blur it; then make another one, and blur it! Then make another path and blur it. Then..

Henry432

Postby Henry432 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:43 am

May you please share the gameboy vector with us. I'd like to analyze it. Please.

RM.

Postby RM. » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:43 am

Henry432 wrote:May you please share the gameboy vector with us. I'd like to analyze it. Please.

Hi Henry. I am sorry to say they will not be released. It might seems strange, but, they mean something, so i prefer to keep their heart-source for me only. If it does sound rude, and if you are curious enough, i promise to take the time and answer any questions that may come.
Last edited by RM. on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry432

Postby Henry432 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 am

I understand RM, but then I would have to ask you so many questions. I'd be a bother. Don't want to waste your time on me, a newb. Anyways, keep up the great work!

RM.

Postby RM. » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Henry432 wrote:I understand RM, but then I would have to ask you so many questions. I'd be a bother. Don't want to waste your time on me, a newb. Anyways, keep up the great work!

Please, don't ever think you'll be wasting my time. We are all here for two reasons, learn and share.There are other newbies around, but very few bother to ask. Become one of those few and take the first step, It is great to be eager to learn.

RM.

Postby RM. » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:52 pm

2ims X2 - September 2014
Reference Courtesy of Iván Melenchón Serrano
Thank you!
Last edited by RM. on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

ianp5a

Postby ianp5a » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:00 pm

I like to do realistic pictures and I have a question. On the pencil, the out of focus blur increases along the length. How do you control that increase? With interpolated curves? I have encountered this task with a shadow on the ground behind of a person. At their feet the shadow is quite sharp. But as it goes up the body it should gradually get softer.

brynn

Postby brynn » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:48 pm

It's hard to guess, from the PNG, exactly how RM. accomplished that drawing. It certainly is impressive, as is most of his work! But if I were to guess, I'd say there are a lot of z-levels....a lot of objects stacked on top of each other, a lot of blurring for sure, and maybe even some gradients. I'd say interpolation is a real possibility, for certain areas. But again, hard to guess from the PNG.

RM.

Postby RM. » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:19 pm

The method of putting shapes one upon each others is basic but functional. To better work as a group through, every shape needs unique parameters. A combination of opacity, blur, dimension and position ( as well as effort and time ) is what i work best with. Other methods are either time consuming, lack control, or give casual results based on algorithms. [This include interpolation, gradients, clones or effects.]

Personally, i cannot suggest for better ways to handle shadows or realistic-alike drawings, as a lot, has to do with how you handle tools, in creative and effective ways.

RM.

Postby RM. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:11 am

Parte seconda X2 - Autumn 2018

RM.

Postby RM. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:22 am

Hi everyone!

I updated most of the pieces with a double-size view, which are easily checked by clicking the "X2" near the pictures.
You can also find the cube in the "draw a realistic cube, cone or sphere" competition and the icons inside the pixtor topic.
Unfortunately, the cherry isn't a precise magnified version as in the old file, pieces were either missing or not in the proper place.

It's a been a while ( again.. ) so i hope all is well.

New drawings are "on the make". ;)

Lazur

Postby Lazur » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:05 am

Hi.

Glad you put these back up -and larger.
Always wondered how could you manage to cope with the banding issue of the gradients. The larger versions give some better hint.

Return to “Work in progress”