Hello Friends,

Want to discuss something with the Inkscape community that doesn't relate to Inkscape? Discuss it here.
Agrest

Re: Hello Friends,

Postby Agrest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:22 am

Hi, I'm joining to the newbies clan.

Thanks for not "moving" the forum to the facebook group as many forums ended *sarcasm*.
Anyway found you on google, lot's of useful threads you have here.

Jency198

Postby Jency198 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:22 pm

hello, I am Jency new in this forum

sampeter

Postby sampeter » Wed May 01, 2019 8:20 pm

hello friends i am sampeter. i recently joined this forum site & want to say hello to all.

alisterjames

Postby alisterjames » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Hii, this is Alister lived in London at age 25, nice to meet you all well by professional I am a blogger in creative thinks media. THANKS FOR ADMIN

saurabhaskprob

Postby saurabhaskprob » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:03 am

Hello Guys. I am new here. Please help me.

glausuly

Postby glausuly » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:14 am

Hi community - My name is Tim - I have recently registered here in the forum and has since read some interesting information. About me: I studied design and am currently working as a designer in an agency. :tool_rectangle: :tool_pencil: In my spare time, I often sail with my ship or go swimming.

druban

Postby druban » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:14 am

Welcome to our humble forum!
Your mind is what you think it is.

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:45 am

Welcome and full sails! ...c33 ...c33 ...c33
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

Lazur URH

Postby Lazur URH » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:57 pm

glausuly wrote:Hi community - My name is Tim - I have recently registered here in the forum and has since read some interesting information. About me: I studied design and am currently working as a designer in an agency. [url=...]:tool_rectangle:[/...] :tool_pencil: In my spare time, I often sail with my ship or go swimming.

We know what you did there. It's not welcomed.

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:48 pm

"We" ?!
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

Lazur

Postby Lazur » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:58 am

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:41 pm

I missed that link, even in the quoted text but it was within the About me sentence so why would it be not welcomed?
Otherwise, this would be a case of a very very meticulous spammer ,)

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Usually, on other forums, to have two accounts is rather odd practice let alone if it`s allowed or not

Lazur URH

Postby Lazur URH » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:55 am

Maestral wrote:Usually, on other forums, to have two accounts is rather odd practice let alone if it`s allowed or not

You know it dates back to another dramatic time when this forum was in need of more moderators to wipe out the -whithout first two post approval limitation- spreading spam? Yet I had my only choice to throw away my account of years of posting in favor to be a public one? Which backfired causing more drama?

To this day Xav can still open this account as he gave it its last password that I haven't changed since.
And wanted to separate my "normal" posts from an unindentifiable profile.

Didn't it appear how now neither those have my avatars? This one explicitely has literally the "missing character character" set?
You now how tedious it is to edit all of my posts so it comes from a non-moderator one?

On the positive side now I can one click ban and delete every post of mine. Yay!

And nothing of value would be lost. All my links are dead and shared svg-s are in the limbo anyway.

Moini

Postby Moini » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:05 pm

(that's not true, Lazur, with the 'nothing of value')
Something doesn't work? - Keeping an eye on the status bar can save you a lot of time!

Inkscape FAQ - Learning Resources - Website with tutorials (German and English)

druban

Postby druban » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:59 pm

I have to agree with Lazur that was pretty sneaky and not above board. I didn't catch it when I approved the post! If it was honestly meant why hijack a symbol and hide it?
Also it is common in forums for moderators to have a moderator avatar and member avatar although not apparent usually because they use a personal name for one and a official name for one. The only reason we know it here is because Laz has transparently used the same name...

anyway I certainly remember that complicated and contentious period of history that you are referring to, Lazur, rather like the Roman republic, daggers drawn and all.
Who knows exactly what the future holds, but I do note that through the efforts of Lazur and Xav et al this forum lasted long past the prognosis given it at the time and certainly outlasted its detractors. It would be too much to expect that any other forum could match the freedom, camaraderie and expertise I have enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, here.
Your mind is what you think it is.

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Guys,
Whoever is behind that profile and sneaky/discrete linking - it`s still the first post, right? We have not heard back from whomever.
Guns and canons first - then we talk !?

tylerdurden

Postby tylerdurden » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:19 pm

Spammers deserve no quarter nor decorum.

We're wasting CPU here.
Have a nice day.

I'm using Inkscape 0.92.2 (5c3e80d, 2017-08-06), 64 bit win8.1

The Inkscape manual has lots of helpful info! http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/

Lazur URH

Postby Lazur URH » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:57 am

This kind of spammers won't bother posting a reply.
Could have been extremely rude firing up the deathstar -can bet big times they are not reading any of it.
If in doubt check those one hit wonderers profiles to see their last being active time.

Return to “Off topic”