inkscape on mac os x

This is NOT a support forum. You are welcome to discuss software issues here, but all issues should be reported on Launchpad if you want them fixed.
~suv

Re: inkscape on mac os x

Postby ~suv » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:24 am

nema189804 wrote:I have a Macbook Air with OS X Yosemite and I have installed what I believe is the latest version of Xquartz (2.7.7). However I open Xquartz and then try to open Inkscape but it will start to run and instantly shut down...
Does anyone know how to fix that?

Please follow the instructions in this post: Re: Inkscape Fails to Launch on Mac OSX 10.10.4

Background: As far as we know, one of Apple's recent security updates changed how one has to bypass Gatekeeper for Inkscape (the application is not signed). Sorry for the inconvenience!

jsgthomson

Postby jsgthomson » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:44 am

Hi All,

I am have been using Inkscape and Mac for a while and now after updating its not loading.

I am using Yosemite 10.10.5 - XQuartz 2.7.8 (xorg-server 1.16.4) and latest version of Inkscape.

When I try to open it bounces in the app bar and that is it. Previously the XQuartz would open but it doesn't now.

Regards,
jsgthomson

~suv

Postby ~suv » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:58 am

jsgthomson wrote:I am have been using Inkscape and Mac for a while and now after updating its not loading.
I am using Yosemite 10.10.5 - XQuartz 2.7.8 (xorg-server 1.16.4) and latest version of Inkscape.
When I try to open it bounces in the app bar and that is it. Previously the XQuartz would open but it doesn't now.
You just posted below a message which provides an answer.

Reposting the instructions (instead of just a link to them) again:
playmeforafool wrote:I was able to get Inkscape to run by doing the following:

1. Go to the "System Preferences" and open "Security & Privacy".
  2. On the "General" tab, at the bottom, change the "Allow apps downloaded from:" to the "Anywhere" option.
  3. Start Inkscape. After it has successfully started, go back to the "Security & Privacy" settings and change it back to the default "Mac App Store and identified developers".
Note: The application is not signed, and by-passing Gatekeeper on a per-application basis no longer works; you need to completely disable Gatekeeper as described, before launching Inkscape for the first time.

wgati

Postby wgati » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:15 am

I just download Inscape on my MAC and Quartz as well, and Inscape does not open at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Moini

Postby Moini » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:07 am

See https://inkscape.org/learn/faq/#inkscap ... -and-later - what seems to work is right-click on the file and select to open.
Something doesn't work? - Keeping an eye on the status bar can save you a lot of time!

Inkscape FAQ - Learning Resources - Website with tutorials (German and English)

Moini

Postby Moini » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:07 am

(once, afterwards it works normally)
Something doesn't work? - Keeping an eye on the status bar can save you a lot of time!

Inkscape FAQ - Learning Resources - Website with tutorials (German and English)

Return to “Discuss Software Issues”