If you could choose 1 thing that must be implemented or fixed in Inkscape 1.0, what would it be?

General discussions about Inkscape.
Lazur

Re: If you could choose 1 thing that must be implemented or fixed in Inkscape 1.0, what would it be?

Postby Lazur » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:12 am

Moini wrote:Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-03_16-14-27.png

No, haven't seen those, still running 92.2. Although those are rendering related settings, mostly affecting gaussian blur.
As far as I know no other filters got gpu backup. (Yet a custom blending mode is the real show stopper.)
They would hardly have an effect on the mentioned performance issues.

Moini

Re: If you could choose 1 thing that must be implemented or fixed in Inkscape 1.0, what would it be?

Postby Moini » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:21 am

Dunno, they had a huge effect for me when displaying filtered objects. But it really depends on the machine you're on. The problem with 0.92.2 is the default setting for the rendering tile multiplier. It was set to a fixed (hardcoded) value that wasn't a good choice for good hardware. After I changed it in 0.92.3, things got flowing again.
Something doesn't work? - Keeping an eye on the status bar can save you a lot of time!

Inkscape FAQ - Learning Resources - Website with tutorials (German and English)

Moini

Postby Moini » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:22 am

Something doesn't work? - Keeping an eye on the status bar can save you a lot of time!

brynn

Postby brynn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:29 am

"Rendering tile multiplier" is a new one for me. Can someone give a relatively simple explanation what it does (besides speed things up - I mean how does it speed things up) ?

Thanks!

Nevermind - just found the tooltip :mrgreen:

brynn

Postby brynn » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:24 am

If it's not too late for this, I was just answering yet another question about the problems using Inkscape in a dual or multiple monitor setup. I'm not sure if this is already on the devs' radar, but I hope it is. It seems like multiple monitors are being used more and more these days.

In addition to the dialogs opening offscreen, and the mouse being unresponsive, now I've seen a problem using a tablet on a dual montior. The Calligraphy tool is being dragged over here, but the line is showing up over there (it's offset).

Moini

Postby Moini » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:29 am

Brynn, as CR has been asking for bug numbers attached to each listed bug, could you dig them up, please? Then I'll add to the list. If there is no report, create one :)

Return to “General Discussions”