(Inkscape 0.92.4) Why don't my downloaded fonts show?

Post questions on how to use or achieve an effect in Inkscape.
Moini

Re: (Inkscape 0.92.4) Why don't my downloaded fonts show?

Postby Moini » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Make sure you've got the file unzipped already when trying to right-click on it.
Something doesn't work? - Keeping an eye on the status bar can save you a lot of time!

Inkscape FAQ - Learning Resources - Website with tutorials (German and English)

SdeSergi

Postby SdeSergi » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:26 am

DDRCustoms wrote:Hello, I'm using Windows 10 and I'm having issues with this as well. I had Inkscape .91 and then thought it was an issue with that so I uninstalled this and went to .92.4 and it's still an issue. I am the only user on my laptop so I'm set up as administrator. I don't have any action to "install as administrator" when I right-click. I tried going into the font.conf file and adding what was suggested and it gave me an error telling me I didn't have admin privileges when I tried to save it. I'm not exceptionally computer savvy but I can understand instructions. Any help would be very helpful.

Hi,

You can modify this file creating a copy from other localization (desktop for example). Apply the changes in this copy, delete original file and move copied file to the same localization (inkscape/etc/fonts/).

Regards

wfdstation42

Postby wfdstation42 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:14 pm

After extensive research I found that when downloading the font file it gets saved in a "user" section of memory. It has to be moved to a system section such as the desktop. So move the font file to your desktop then right click on it and you should get the option to install for all users. If Inkscape is open when you do this close it and reopen and the fonts should show up.

eealdrich

Postby eealdrich » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:58 am

I'm getting the same thing. It's really frustrating! I've copied the font file to my desktop, uninstalled and reinstalled both the font and inkscape, I'm at my wits' end! I have several fonts that aren't showing up!

eealdrich

Postby eealdrich » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:38 am

wfdstation42 wrote:After extensive research I found that when downloading the font file it gets saved in a "user" section of memory. It has to be moved to a system section such as the desktop. So move the font file to your desktop then right click on it and you should get the option to install for all users. If Inkscape is open when you do this close it and reopen and the fonts should show up.

I did that, too...and it's still not giving me the option to install for all users. When I click on "install", it DOES have the admin shield next to it, but it doesn't say "install for all". Also, I tried modifying the font.conf file to add the localapps path, but it wouldn't let me, said I had to be an admin, but I am!

Maestral

Postby Maestral » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Try AMP Font Viewer - there`s a tab for installed and not installed fonts.
Don`t open IS yet, go for the later tab in AMP, go to the desired folder and choose one of the options from the bottom of the screen (View all, View only not installed...). Once the chosen preview opens, fonts should be available. Open IS only after that since fonts will be available till you close the chosen preview. But in order to change the set and enable another group of fonts, you`ll need to repeat the process and restart IS.

Also, due to not quite recent changes in IS regarding some types of fonts - even commonly installed fonts might still not be available. Can`t find the topic but these changes still keep 48.5 on my machine as the best (most comfortable) option for dealing with fonts in IS.
:tool_zoom: <<< click! - but, those with a cheaper tickets should go this way >>> :!:

Return to “Help with using Inkscape”