Saving eps file

Post questions on how to use or achieve an effect in Inkscape.
Morphiekins

Saving eps file

Postby Morphiekins » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:11 pm

Hello, I'm a novice and have a pretty basic question. I've been searching for the solution but have not found it so hope you can help me. I imported a 1.2mb public domain eps file, removed a watermark, and saved it again as an eps file which is now 58kb. Would someone please tell me how to save it as an eps in a larger file size. Many thanks.

druban

Re: Saving eps file

Postby druban » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:54 pm

It is, incidentally, the policy of this forum not to provide aid in reproducing copyrighted work. so the first question: why would a public domain file have a watermark?

Why do you need your file to be a particular size in kb? The (copyright?) watermark that you removed was probably a 1MB raster image, resulting in a now smaller file. Removing the watermark does not mean that you are not violating the copyright holder's rights and you are still exactly as liable as with a watermark. As is anyone who assists you.
Your mind is what you think it is.

Morphiekins

Postby Morphiekins » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:14 am

I would be rather stupid to be asking for this solution if I was infringing a copyright. The image is public domain from publicdomainvectors.org who place a non copyright watermark to advertise their website. And no, the watermark is not a raster image. I suppose you have nothing of value to add?

tylerdurden

Postby tylerdurden » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:29 pm

You could zip the file and share it here, or post a link to the file... we could take a look and advise.
Have a nice day.

I'm using Inkscape 0.92.2 (5c3e80d, 2017-08-06), 64 bit win8.1

The Inkscape manual has lots of helpful info! http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/

Return to “Help with using Inkscape”